Stainless steel appliances are used progressively in our kitchens. The style and innovation transfer to steel resistance to humidity and high temperatures. That makes this material very practical and attractive. Without any doubt, we all want to keep our appliances in perfect condition. We also know that dirt is always very difficult to eliminate and adheres to simply. So let’s learn how to clean stainless steel appliances. Daily, more kitchen appliances are used which makes household tasks much easier. This material is quite elegant and very attractive, but the dirty can do conflicting results. So it is very important to learn how to clean stainless steel appliances effectively.
There are some very effective tips that we can offer you so that you are always successful to clean stainless steel appliances. It is essential to pay full attention to get the exact benefit of all the maintenance and hygiene tips. The following steps and tricks are used to clean any stainless steel appliance in your kitchen such as a spoon, kitchen equipment, oven, microwave, sink, toaster or dishwasher, refrigerator, etc.
Table of Contents
- How To Clean Stainless Steel Appliances
- Step by Step Tips to clean stainless steel
How To Clean Stainless Steel Appliances
Tips for cleaning stainless steel
- It is a strong material, stainless steel should not ever be cleaned with either steel sponges or scouring pads. It is also not wise to use oven cleaners or products that have chloride, as they can reason permanent damage.
- It is best to use a moistened cloth with impartial soap with which you should rub moderately in the way of the grain of the steel. The spots like fingerprints will disappear without a trace with a couple of strokes.
- If there are still traces, rinse the soap and rub, in the direction of the grain, with another cloth dampened with a mixture of water and a few drops of ammonia. If you want to replace ammonia with a more natural product, use purified white vinegar for cooking, as it is just as effective at removing the roughest fat.
- Clean stainless steel appliances with a cloth dipped in olive oil to give the steel an additional shine.
- Your kitchen appliances have an anti-fingerprint coating, you must take particular care. It is essential to avoid damaging its protective layer. You can do this by wiping simply the surface with a soft damp cloth.
How to clean stainless steel appliances with baking soda
Baking soda is one of the best cleaners out there. It cleans effectively any stainless steel surface without mistreating it. It is ecological since it is recyclable and does not present any type of harmfulness. So it is a great material to clean our appliances without excessive efforts. From here you may learn How to clean stainless steel appliances.
Now is the time to use the maximum quality cleaner with an extensive range of applications. Baking soda is an ecological cleaner with unlimited disinfecting powers. It is not harmful at all and its softness lets it be used on this surface.
First of all, decant the contents of soda into the empty spray bottle. Then spray the entire stainless steel surface. Then rub the whole surface with the towel. The rubbing has to be carried out in one direction only. You will see how the stains and dirt go rapidly. Now mix the two ingredients and with a sprayer spray on the stainless steel surface.
You should shake the baking soda openly on the stained area on appliances. Then you should use a damp sponge to brush until the stain is removed completely. Now, you must continue to lighten the surface, to remove the remains of the baking soda.
You can also do a cleaning mix using three tablespoons of baking soda in a glass of water. You should spray the mixture in the appliance and use a damp sponge to scrub the area. You already know that you must rinse with water to finish the cleaning task.
How to clean stainless steel appliances with vinegar
Vinegar is one of the great associates in household cleaning. It is used for almost everything, given its maximum degree of sharpness. You can use it in washing machines, for white and light clothes, in the dishwasher, to prevent the lime appearance, on the floor, to make it shine, etc. It is also suitable for stainless steel. Wet the rag a bit and press and move it over the surface to make it look like new.
White vinegar cannot be missing since it serves many things when it comes to cleaning the kitchen. Stainless steel appliances are no exception. You have to be very cautious about the quantities. Mix one part of vinegar with three of water. So dampen a clean cloth or rag and rub the surface of the appliances you want to clean.
We all know how white vinegar can be used at cooking time. We also know the great benefits it offers when carrying out effective cleaning. White vinegar is best for removing grease stains from any surface. So it’s the best in this post on ways to clean stainless steel appliances effectively. It helps to carry out a total cleaning of the whole kitchen.
You have to make a cleaning mixture using three parts of vinegar and one of water.
Then you should moisten a soft cloth with the solution and scrub the surface of the appliance.
You have to use a kitchen paper or a clean cloth to dry the area.
Finally, dry it with a cloth so that there are no marks. You will see how it is shiny and without a single dirt mark or footprint.
In case the dirt rejects to vanish with the vinegar or the stains are very marked, you can add a few drops of ammonia and rub those problematic areas again, always rinsing with water and drying afterward.
Tips to clean the microwave with Vinegar
Vinegar is exactly distilled white. It is not only perfect for giving food good taste, but also for cleaning grease stains from your electrical appliances and our entire kitchen. A very easy way is to clean the microwave walls with vinegar, water, and lemon. We will only require mixing it with water and soaking it with a soft cloth. Here you will learn How to clean stainless steel appliances with Vinegar.
- First of all Mix the three ingredients in a container and with a sponge, clean it well. Dry with a clean cloth.
- Once the cloth has passed through the stains to be cleaned, dry the area with kitchen paper or another cloth that is not wet.
- You should clean this appliance once a week if you are one of those who use the microwave a lot.
How to clean stainless steel appliances with olive oil
The olive oil is the basis of the Mediterranean diet. We take it in every probable method and we love it. Olive oil is quite effective in recovering the shine of the stainless steel surface. If you were going to make a delicious salad, after using the vinegar you have to use olive oil.
You should take a soft cloth or sponge oil and dilute it in kitchen paper. Then, you have to scrub the whole area of the appliance until the shine begins to appear. You should absorb the oil before it dries if it is too bright. You must leave it anywhere in the middle, or in the method that you consider most suitable.
Step by Step Tips to clean stainless steel
- Occasionally it is difficult to clean kitchen accessories that are not stainless. You can make a paste that will leave them gleaming without exposing them to rust with a little olive oil mixed with coarse salt. It is rinsed with water.
- Clean the dirty surface with water and soap, or the cleaner of choice.
- Rub your steel objects with olive oil forcefully to make stainless steel shine. Let it dry completely.
- Reduce a cotton cloth with a drop or two of olive oil and clean the stainless steel in a round motion applying a little pressure.
- Wipe with a clean cloth to remove oil residue and Raise the shine of the steel with olive oil
- This technique fits effortlessly with the other cleaning routines that you will implement to clean stainless steel. Only this one is focused on giving shine to the entire surface.
- You will only require a wet towel, sponge, or soft cloth with olive oil. Pass it over the clean surface of the steel consistently and in one direction. With this, you will get the best shine to all your stainless steel appliances.
- Cleaning stainless steel appliances with vinegar and olive oil
- The combination of white vinegar with olive oil, apart from being cheap and easy to apply, is also a mixture that will leave your stainless steel appliances clean and shiny.
- After you have all the necessary materials on hand start by taking the empty bottle and the vinegar bottle and pour the vinegar into it. Spray your appliance and then wipe with a clean, easily absorbed towel.
We can see that cleaning stainless steel is easy. Keep it in mind to do any of these tricks often to make your home shine like the first day. This material is part of the kitchenware and equipment of our kitchens in any business it is essential to know how to clean stainless steel. Both in furniture and utensils, stainless steel offers important advantages when it comes to cleaning, as it lacks porosity and oxidation. Daily, more electrical appliances are used in the kitchen, which makes household chores much easier. This material is very beautiful and quite elegant, but the dirty can do the opposite effect. So it is very important to learn how to clean stainless steel appliances efficiently.